Want to work with us?
We’re always looking for dynamic people to join our team.
We’re looking for people with excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal English, exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills (incl. the ability to interpret complex policy documents and extract key information from vague project development documents).
Some of our roles are remote and so we look for people who have the ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet multiple deadlines. We also look for those who have the ability to handle confidential information with an understanding of Information Security best practices.
Research and Technology Consultant (Various Positions)
- Generate compelling business and technical narratives for direct & indirect funding applications using appropriate terminology.
- Develop and submit direct & indirect funding applications that are consistent with current program requirements (SR&ED, OIDMTC).
- Independently advise on project scoping to determine project parameters and identify eligible R&D activities.
- Identify, classify, and review related expenditures to ensure compliance with funding program requirements.
- Additional client-management tasks, depending on level of seniority (ex. onsite meetings, eligibility assessments, etc).
- Research federal, provincial, municipal funding programs, tax credits, and financing sources, as well as technology & current development methodologies.
- Research the SR&ED program and write compelling articles for online distribution.
- Develop and deliver training materials on SR&ED.
- Any other project-related or administrative tasks as required.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Advanced abilities in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for learning new skills and techniques outside of your normal area of expertise.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information and willingness to abide by all IT and IS policies and processes.
- Impeccable organizational and customer relationship skills.
- Knowledge & experience with the CRA’s Scientific Research & Experimental Development program.
- Knowledge & experience with the OMDC’s Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit program.
- Experience with applying to government funding programs (direct & indirect).
- A university degree in a field of Science or Technology is required.
- Hand-on experience in Computer Science is considered an asset.
- Candidacy for a Master’s or PhD level degree would be considered an asset.
- Additional qualifications in business (BCom, MBA) or finance (CPA) would be considered an asset.
Currently $30-75/hr, depending on the level of experience.
Current students with no experience are welcome to apply for our internship program. Rates of pay match those the Government of Canada.
Please send resume and cover letter using the form below. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.