Junior Associate (Internship) – Innovation Funding Focus
As part of a dynamic team providing consulting services to innovative companies, you will be help organize a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from start-ups through multi-million dollar organizations. Every day, you will have the opportunity to learn about and share the passion of companies developing bleeding edge technologies.
Primary tasks include:
- Research potential clients & update CRM; generate, submit, and follow up on proposals for our services.
- Research federal, provincial, municipal funding programs, tax credits, and financing sources
- Maintain a database of all programs that you have identified, incl. key information / contacts.
- Draft compelling business and technical narratives for funding applications and reports, using appropriate terminology. Research key technologies and provide summary reports as required.
- Assist with identifying, classifying, and reviewing related budget materials for applications and ensure compliance with funding program requirements.
- Handle confidential financial records and business development materials with discretion.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, incl. ability to interpret complex policy documents.
- Computer literate and comfortable with internet research and online applications.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills to extrapolate information from complex technical documents, such as the objectives and uncertainties of a project from text describing the work performed.
- A passion for continuous learning in the area of business and innovation.
- Knowledge of CRA’s SR&ED program would be considered an asset
- Has successfully received government funding in the past.
- At a minimum, a university degree in a field of Technology or Science is required. Preference is given to those with background / experience in computer science / programming.
At the end of the internship, top candidates are hired into the role of full-time Associate (Synthesist). In the role of Business Synthesist, they will have the opportunity to participate in the generous revenue-sharing program and set their own hours.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should click here to apply.
Note: We are currently unable to accomodate queries by phone. Please use the above link to apply.