Synthesist (Business Incentives Consultant) – Associate & Senior Associate
As part of a dynamic team providing consulting services to innovative companies, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from start-ups through multi-million dollar organizations. You will share the passion of groups developing bleeding edge technologies and assist them by leveraging direct & indirect government funding.
- Identify and meet potential clients; generate, submit, and follow up on proposals for our services. Maintain positive relationships with key individuals in client & referral organizations.
- Generate compelling business and technical narratives for direct & indirect funding applications using appropriate terminology. Research key areas & interview employees as required.
- Research technology & current development methodologies.
- Review & edit business and marketing plans as required.
- Submit and track direct & indirect funding applications that are consistent with program & policy guidelines.
- Identify, classify, and review related budget materials for applications and ensure compliance with funding program requirements.
- Handle confidential financial records and technical information with discretion.
- Research federal, provincial, municipal funding programs, tax credits, and financing sources. Maintain a database of all programs that you have identified, incl. key information / contacts.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, incl. ability to interpret complex policy documents.
- Computer literate and comfortable with internet research and online application portals.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills to extrapolate information from complex technical documents, such as the objectives and technological uncertainties of a project from a description of the work performed.
- A passion for continuous learning in the area of business and innovation.
- Knowledge & experience with the CRA’s SR&ED program.
- Knowledge & experience with the OMDC’s OIDMTC program.
- Successfully applied to multiple government funding programs (direct & indirect).
- A university degree in a field of Technology or Science, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Experience or a degree in Computer Science / Programming is considered an asset.
- Candidacy for a Master’s or PhD level degree would be considered an asset.
- Additional qualifications in business (BCom, MBA) or finance (CA, CMA, CGA) would be considered an asset
Base plus generous commission structure.
Full time. (Flexible after probationary period and subject to approval.)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should click here to apply.
Note: We are currently unable to accomodate queries by phone. Please use the above link to apply.