The InGenuity Group® is an expert team of engineers, researchers, and finance professionals with over 25 years of experience with the SR&ED program. Few consulting groups can boast an equivalent breadth and depth of knowledge regarding SR&ED, particularly in the area of software development. Our Founding Team was directly involved with the program beginning one year after its formation in 1986.
SR&ED - TURNKEY APPLICATION
We scope potential projects, prepare a comprehensive technical description for each qualifying project, and collaborate with your accounting department to determine the associated project costs. In the unlikely event you are selected for review, we provide assistance in preparing for and meeting with the CRA.
GILBERT LANCE, M.Sc
Gilbert Lance is one of Canada’s foremost specialists in the SR&ED program and CRA tax credit administration. A former CRA Senior Science Advisor and Research and Technology Advisor (RTA) (and The InGenuity Group’s resident SR&ED veteran), he brings his extensive and invaluable years of experience at the CRA to his clients’ R&D tax claims. Having been one of the key policy makers for the SR&ED program, Gilbert has an unprecedented degree of familiarity with SR&ED. Gilbert has spent over three decades as an SR&ED advisor with direct experience, both as a SR&ED RTA and in private industry.
Whether working in the public or private sector, Gilbert brings a personal touch to any endeavour, taking the time to build strong and lasting professional relationships with his clients.
ELIZABETH LANCE, M.A, M.A.Sc (ABT)
MANAGING DIRECTOR, SENIOR POLICY CONSULTANT
Elizabeth Lance is an award-winning management consultant specialising in the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program. She helps organisations navigate the complex world of indirect funding policy compliance, where one wrong word can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Elizabeth is recognized as one of the rare experts who understand both the technological and financial dimensions of the SR&ED program.
The combination of Elizabeth’s passion, dynamic background, and problem-solving nature makes her invaluable to the many multi-million dollar projects clients entrust her with on a daily basis.
NOT YOUR AVERAGE FIRM
The InGenuity Group has quite a few awards, but most notable is the Forty Under 40 award. As Managing Director, she has been cited in news outlets (CBC, Ottawa Business Journal) and is often contacted by researchers and government officials for program insight. Consequently, Elizabeth was recognized for her expertise, business achievement, and community involvement via this prestegious award.
The InGenuity Group is the driving force behind the 200-page interactive learning resource A Comprehensive Guide to SR&ED, and manages the largest LinkedIn group focusing on SR&ED. In addition, our team has created two professional development courses, offered by AJAG Professional Development for Accountants: Introduction to the SR&ED program and Avoiding Common Errors with SR&ED Forms.
You can read more about our excellent service and testimonials here.
Who is The InGenuity Group®?The InGenuity Group® is led by two experts in the field (SR&ED and OIDMTC). We have worked out of Ottawa and Toronto since 2008, but our program experience goes back quite far (to 1986 - the year SR&ED was founded). We have an internal team who helps out occasionally, they include:
- Master's & PhDs with backgrounds in various areas of science and technology
- Chartered Accountants and MBA graduates with extensive financial experience
- Professional Technical Writers with 20+ years of experience writing clear, concise documents
- Management Consultants and documentation experts with experience in ISO standards
- first responder training organizations
- defence subcontractors
- accessibility software developers
- consulate support organizations
- alternative energy and energy efficiency groups
- waste reduction organizations
- addition support technology developers
- social good & wellness organizations
- healthcare technology development organizations
- Increase the size and reliability of the amounts being claimed
- Reduction in the risk of review or adjustment
- Improve product eligibility (OIDMTC)
- Improve documentation tracking processes (SR&ED)
- Leverage both tax credit programs (SR&ED + OIDMTC) to receive the largest refund possible
Proven Track RecordBetween 2009 and 2011 we helped recover over $33.5 million dollars---that's over $10M a year---for a stellar lineup of companies.
Comprehensive Guide to SR&ED
What is The Comprehensive Guide to SR&ED?The Comprehensive Guide to SR&ED is the most complete database of SR&ED information you can find. It contains the following:
- The ins and outs of the convoluted SR&ED tax incentive program;
- Exactly what work is eligible and what work is not;
- A step-by-step walkthrough of the filing process;
- Specific instructions on handling audits and reviews;
- Sample SR&ED applications and technical narratives;
- Insider tips from our writers who have worked closely with the CRA;
- An exhaustive database of over 100 SR&ED court rulings;
- And more.